Sunday, June 14, 2009

Two Garden Favorites: Roses and Lavender

After spring bulb season, another garden period I anticipate eagerly is the roses and lavender season. My inherited pink rambling rose just exploded with gorgeous blooms this week. I also love how the lavender I planted next to the rose has grown around and through it. I love the combination of pink roses and purple lavender.

After visiting lavender country in Washington, I started planting some small lavender plants each year. I love everything about lavender, the smell, the color, the ability to dry blooms for later. It's a great plant! This year my lavender plants have really taken off, so much in fact that I need to get out and harvest the lavender later today to dry. I'm already anticipating the sachets!

What's blooming in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin