Sunday, May 24, 2009

My First Peony! (for Green Thumb Sunday)

I'm so excited to show you my very first peony bloom on my very first peony. This is my second attempt at planting a peony, the first one died over winter. But this peony is very much alive and smells fantastic. Now I want more peonies, much more! If only I have endless room to plant them!

Finally, it's a good year for dianthus in my garden.
Usually it's too dry and hot for them to do much.

These little dianthus are some of my 33 cent bargains. They didn't bloom last year so I was surprised to see the delicate magenta blooms.

I just solved my own little garden mystery and found out these are Sweet William. I swear these were winter-sown and planted last year and didn't bloom, which was why I didn't know what they were when they bloomed this year for the first time. That always amazes me when a little seedling seems to disappear, but returns next season and thrives.

Allium orephilium

The chives and catmint that I profiled a few weeks ago are still blooming like crazy as well.

Gardeners, plant and nature lovers can join Green Thumb Sunday every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin