Thursday, July 31, 2008

Things That Make Me Go Yum

I'm still getting a kick of harvesting food from my garden. Tonight, I was being rather domestic (for me), cleaning, watering plants and veggies and cooking. Since the boy was out and about I had a rare opportunity to eat something he hates: veggies. My veg and couscous dinner sounded just okay though until I thought about one of my favorite rare treats: fried green tomatoes.


Why are fried green tomatoes such a rare treat when I have copious amounts of the raw ingredient in my garden for several months a year? Because I can't stand to cut short the life of my tomatoes and miss out on another delish ripe beauty. Usually I wait until the end of the season, when frost is imminent and start frying away. But tonight one early girl made the sacrifice and became the perfect slightly tart compliment to my veggie couscous. Yum, yum, yum. If you haven't tried one, you're missing out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am completely amazed at the amount of subtext you included in this one. I am not the best at interpreting literature and poetry, but let me take a stab at it. The couscous is a metaphor for a beige 1984 Toyota Corolla and the fried green tomatoes symbolize the fear of the American auto worker at the newly popular Japanese import vehicles.

    Wait, no, you are just talking about dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. never tried fried green tomoatoes but you have convinced me to try

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin