Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Neverending Summer To-Do List

Restoring nine windows is just one
of the projects on my to-do list.

Thanks to a job change, I'm lucky enough to have some extended time off this summer for traveling and hopefully tackling some of the things on my never-ending to-do list.

This brings up a topic I struggle with almost every weekend, do I spend free time doing projects, planning for proiects, relaxing and having fun or trying to squeeze in all three? I'm not good at balance; instead I have a bad habit of becoming singularly focused on big projects and work myself ragged until it's done. All of which makes for a very unfun and tiring vacation, weekend, etc. Then I'm not able to find the motivation to do another project for a long time.

This time, I'd really like to strike a balance between getting things done, and still having fun even when I'm home. Anyone who has tips on how to do that, please share! So far I'm thinking: take some time off during the day to do things I don't have time to do when I'm working (eating some breakfasts and lunches out, making a nice lunch for the Boy and I, going to a movie during the day, going swimming, etc.).

But without further ado, here's my list. I'm sure there's still more on it than I can possibly accomplish, even though we've started a few things already and even finished one or two.

Inside:

  • Pick out a new AC
  • Fix living room walls and repaint (Done!, but it almost killed me)

  • Fix bedroom ceiling and paint
  • Finish patch in kitchen
  • Touch-up bathroom paint and paint window
  • Patch and paint bathroom door
  • Hem bedroom curtains
  • Frame and hang art in living room
Outside


  • Stain deck, see it here!
  • Paint/restore three or four windows and storms (two will have to do)
  • Paint front door and shutters (Done!)
  • Paint awnings (or at least fix the horrid rusty one!)
  • Paint garage doors
  • Remove hideous bushes by driveway(done! thanks to the Boy)
  • Patch and seal driveway (The Boy said he'd do this one on his break, yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin