Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Fireplace

I like fireplaces. I like brick. I am not, however fond of my brick fireplace.

These bricks are so uniform they look fake. And they're SHINY. Who ever head of shiny bricks?!

Someday I'd like to put up a white wood facade to cover the bricks. But it's number 443 on the boy's project list. So in the meantime, I'm seriously dreaming of a white fireplace. I don't take painting brick lightly, but I want my living room to look like one of these lovelies:

2 comments:

  1. I'm all for painting the fireplace!! It looks a lot like mine did when I first moved in. It took 4 coats (I might've had to do with primer), but it is sooooooo worth it. I'm so glad to discover your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents painted their fireplace and it looks really good. It would be a good temp fix until your beau gets through the other things.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin