Sunday, June 24, 2007

Garden Surprises for Green Thumb Sunday

The Black-eyed Susans (Rudbeckia) are in full bloom. I love these flowers. They just keep blooming and blooming all summer long and they don't need a lot of water. Plus, they make great, long-lasting cut flowers. This bunch actually bloomed from seed last year (one of the few things that did actually germinate and grow for me) and they're looking even better last year. I definitely need more Black-eyed Susans in my garden.

And if you gaze carefully into my tomato patch, you'll start to see these, baby tomatoes! Woohoo! I'm up to six so far and just seeing them makes my mouth water. I can practically taste them already.

And just look at this cosmos. I thought the white bit was a piece of something else, but it's really part of the petal. So pretty. I love these little garden surprises.









Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm tomatoes, you carn't beat homegrown ones,they taste so much better

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tomato looks like it'll be a good one...but aren't they all? I really like that interesting petal anomaly -- very cool. And the black-eyed susans are, of course, quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Black-eyed Susan's, and your tomatoes are already quite large. Hope you can enjoy them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black-eyed Susans are great all around flowers.
    Mine are going crazy right about now also.
    I enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My patches of cosmos are just starting to bloom.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin