Thursday, March 6, 2008

Scandinavian Style

When I think about the style I'd most like to achieve in my home, only one comes to mind: Scandinavian style. The Scandinavian style I prefer is cosy, uncluttered, stylish and features clean lines. It is not stark and minimalist, nor is it overly painted and decorated (like Swedish country). Most of the homes I've visited while in Denmark, Norway and Finland were like this. Incidentally, I'm a bit obsessed with all things Scandinavian, hence the name of my blog, which is Danish for my house.

I haven't found many books in the States that feature the Scandinavian style I love. Luckily for me, the Internet has been more helpful.

More Ways to Waste Time recently featured Heike Schmidt and Erik Mortensen's lovely house outside of Malmö, Sweden. See many more pics at More Ways to Waste Time and Heike and Erik's blog, Svensk hus.


Another great source for Scandinavian style inspiration is Normal Room, based in Finland, Normal Room shows everyday rooms from around the globe.



I'm becoming more amazed every day at what you can find on Flickr. I find Chez Larsson's photos very inspiring.


I don't know that I'll ever be able to declutter and pull together my rooms as well as those pictured above, but as I strive to make my house the best home I can, Scandi style is the look that inspires me most.

4 comments:

  1. Hi minhus!
    Thanks so much for citing my humble abode as inspiration. I'm blushing now :-)
    And rest assured: We do emphatically have clutter! Lots of it. It's just all stuffed in/behind/under things...
    Many greetings from the stormy (though not snowy) north,
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei Heike,

    Your place is beautiful, thanks for sharing it with the Internet and for stopping by. Your place is very inspirational.

    It's good to know you too have clutter, even if it's well hidden. :)

    Your pictures also take me back to the time I spent near Helsingør. Such a pretty place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you say my room looks cluttered?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin