Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Cleaning Tip: Don't Forget Your Filters

Spring is a great time to address some of those easy-to-forget chores: changing smoke alarm batteries, cleaning windows (ha, ha, ha), and cleaning/changing your filters!

I've noticed that for the last two days that my basement dehumidifier wasn't getting the air below 70% humidity. Not good. There goes another $300 I thought. Luckily before going shopping, I decided clean the washable filter. And boy did it need it! So I washed it, let it dry, and put it back in and voila, the humidity is already down to 60%. I'm sure after three hard years of use and lots of neglect, the dehumidifier also needs a good vacuuming and cleaning, but until then at least it's not a complete waste of electricity.

If you haven't changed your furnace filter in awhile (guilty) now is a great time to do that too!

What other neglected chores do we need to tend to this spring?

3 comments:

  1. Clean the gutters is a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely! I can't wait for spring to get here and all the snow to melt. We bought some flower seeds, I can't wait to be able to plant them otside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, yea, I need to get my filters changed, too! good reminder!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin