Monday, November 24, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake or Why I'm Not Martha

Yesterday the boy turned the big 3-0! I guess I should stop calling him the boy, since he's old now. Ha ha! Anywho, he mentioned a cake, but not just any cake, a chocolate chip cookie cake from the Great American Cookie Co. I really wasn't looking forward to a trip to the mall, but luckily I remembered that we had both chocolate chip cookie mix and icing (a rarity indeed). So I decided to whip up a homemade chocolate chip cookie cake. Despite the fact that I'd never tried one before and have an uncanny knack for cooking disasters.

Luckily it doesn't get much easier then using a mix, plopping it in a 9" pan and baking until done (around 25 minutes I believe). As you can see, cake decorating is not my thing. First I don't have actual tools, so I used a plastic baggie instead, which sprung a leak. I was also impatient and started icing before the cake completely cooled, the icing looked much better before it melted. Honest.

But despite how it looked, the cake tasted quite good I think. Very rich of course. The boy was rather unimpressed, however, and wants the real thing next year. There's just no pleasing some people. It's a good thing I took pics when I did though, cause this cookie cake is history. Guess it must have been tasty afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin