Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ever Get Buyer's Remorse?

Today, after countless trips to to the local appliance deals warehouse, I took the plunge and made some purchases to correct my multicolored kitchen appliance situation. I've been living with an old, noisy black dishwasher, a basic white fridge, and a nice stainless stove. Guess which one won?


For once I didn't get the cheapest appliances I could stand; I got the ones I wanted more. Yet even though I got a GREAT deal on the long-coveted, bottom mount fridge, and a decent deal on the classy-looking dishwasher, I'm feeling a bit of buyer's remorse. Will I still like them once they're installed in my kitchen? Would buying white appliances that would blend in have been a better decision?

I always do this and it drives me nuts, although it's worse for those around me. Does anyone else get buyer's remorse?

5 comments:

  1. SHUT UP!!!! Jesus christ, you got an 1800 dollar fridge for 800 bucks BRAND NEW, and a 600 dollar dishwasher that matches the fridge PERFECTLY for 450. Shut your yapper and get over it, you got a good deal and it will look 10 times better by the end of the week when they are both delivered. I swear to god you don't need to make a purchase over 20 bucks because you sit and agonize over every little detail when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that everyone gets buyers remorse a little on big purchases. Spending that much money, even when you get an amazing deal, can still be nerve wracking.

    However, I think you are going to love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of your deals! Where'd you find them? I got all my appliances at Sears, and went Stainless. I had buyers remorse, but now don't regret it a bit. You will love them, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Aimee. :)

    Marit: Ok, I'll let you in on the secret: Appliance Smart baby. They "specialize in scratch and dent" but I've been able to find plenty of stuff with neither scratches nor dents.

    I ended up getting the dishwasher at Sears though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ok--I looked there. It scared me though. I am glad you had luck! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin