Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pillow Shopping

When it comes to decorating, purchase creep is practically unavoidable. First you buy one new decor item, which leads to another purchase, and another.

Some of the purchase creep I'm currently experiencing in my living room was planned. Part of the reason I waited to buy living room curtains, was because I needed to purchase furniture first. Of course, I got the new couch and chair last November so it still took a wee bit of time to find the perfect curtains. I also got a new rug and now I desperately need new pillows because the old green and pink ones don't go with the new blue curtains. Yep, purchase creep.

So anyway, I'm now scouring near and far for the perfect pillows (in my budget of course). Here are the current candidates:


First up, the blue pillow with brown circles sitting on the chair, was found today on sale at Marshalls. I like it, but not as well as the similar yet more stylish pillow at Target (which isn't online, what's up with that?). The other three blue pillows are from the fab Etsy shop, Ruth's Crafts. Her pillow are stylish and reasonably priced! The tempting yellow pillow is from another Etsy seller, joom.

Ideally, I would like to have some pillows with various prints and designs that look well together, but aren't too matchy-matchy. But I'm not so confident I'll be able to pull that one off, especially given how hard it's been to find anything I like in the first place.

Any words of wisdom, all-knowing Internets?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE all three of the blue ones... I think they would look GREAT together in a room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're looking for more choices, check out TJ Maxx and Home Goods -- they always have a huge selection.

    I love all the options, but am especially drawn to that yellow. It's so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the bottom two.

    The yellow one is a gorgeous color and would stand out nicely on that chair.

    And the light-ish blue one is pretty as well. You could also play with the light yellow and brown colors in that pillow to buy different color pillows that will coordinate, but not be too matchy-matchy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin