Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mini-Break

Time to kick back and enjoy, just like Piggy!

Tonight marks the start of my five day mini-break from work, wahoo! There's nothing like the beginning of a break, when there is nothing but work-free possibilities ahead. I really, really need this break.

We're not planning to go anywhere, at least not anywhere far, but there are several things ideas I have for how to while away the hours:
  • Tackle a DIY project or two. There's plenty to choose from. My original proposal to the boyfriend was to spend two days working and three days relaxing and having fun, but at this point point I'm leaning more towards more fun and less work. We'll see.
  • Go swimming
  • Grill out
  • Take long bike rides
  • Read a lot
  • Write a blog post or five. I've got a backlog of ideas and they just keep coming!
  • Make these painted glass bottles
  • Sell the books and media I've decluttered
  • Learn how to propagate lavender. You can never have too much!
  • Try more green cleaning and personal care recipes. After my success with this simple, cheap and green homemade dishwasher detergent powder from Bonzai Aphrodite I'm anxious to try a few more. I might try this alternative dishwasher detergent recipe for starters. Anyone have other recommendations?
What are your weekend plans?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's quite a list. I think I'd be exhausted if I tried to cram that much into a few days. Remember to take some time just to relax.

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pottery studio's closed over the weekend, so I'm planning to kick back, carve the bowl I sneaked home, and bake scones to go with the strawberry rose homemade jam that I was given by a friend. Sadly, I also have some work to do, but I should still have plenty of time to lounge around with the cat. :-) Have a great time! Those bottles look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I forgot one: pottering in the garden (already got a few hours of that in last night)

    ECL - They're just ideas, we'll see what actually happens. :-) I already slept in until 10 and have been relaxing since.

    Jennifer - Ah pottery studio, I'm jealous. Or more accurately, I'm jealous of being able to use the wheel without flubbing it up.

    Thanks for visiting gals. I loves me some comments! And a fantastic weekend to you too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin