Sunday, June 12, 2011

How My Garden Grows

A twenty-one mile bike ride, followed by more than three hours of gardening equals one exhausted chica. But it's a good kind of exhaustion. It's 75F here, with no humidity to speak of (rare for an Ohio summer) which makes it perfect gardening weather.

I did a ton of weeding, planted some tiny flower seedlings, cleaned my gardening cabinet in the garage and--most importantly--took time to read and lounge on the deck.

sweet william

My rambling rose is bursting with blooms.

The vegetable garden is exploding. There are tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, jalapenos, habaneros, and ghost chili peppers. The Boy is the one with a penchant for blazing hot peppers. -

I can't wait to taste these baby romas!

That's my idea of a good day.



4 comments:

  1. Your garden is gorgeous! I grew habaneros once, and when I went to slice them my eyes were tearing like crazy down my face and I could not stop coughing. They are a few hundred degrees to hot for me. ;)

    It really was fabulous in Ohio today, wasn't it? We spent the day pruning shrubs and trees, walking, mowing and walking some more. It sounds like you had a wonderful day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex used to have a thing for jalapenos, which can be so hot that they can burn sensitive skin if you get the juice on you. He also had a thing for cooking naked. I'll leave the rest to your imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - Thanks! Sunday was wonderful, in fact the weather has been pretty great all week.

    ECL - Wow, you sure know how to paint a mental picture. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin