Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What's Blooming Now

My first featured bloom for Garden Blogger's Bloom Day is my one and only rose. It came with the house, so I'm not sure what it is. It's not blooming as prolifically as it did in June, but it is still blooming. Cutting off the old blooms (which I didn't do last year) seems to be key.


This is one of three Veronica Speedwell plants I purchased from a local nursery in May for a whopping $1.00. I'm pretty happy with it.


I love this bright and sunny correopsis, it cheers me up every time I look at it. It just blooms and blooms, although the very hot very dry weather we've been having seems to have taken a toll. This is the second year this plant has been in my garden.


What else is blooming? So glad you asked.
  • Alyssum
  • Bachelor's Button or Cornflower
  • Canterbury Bells (Campanula medium 'Single Flower Mix')
  • Catmint (Netpeta)
  • Butterfly Blue Scabiosa (Scabiosa columbaria 'Butterfly Blue')
  • Pinks
  • Cosmos

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day. It's always fun when we get some new gardeners to join us.

    Those coreopsis would make me happy, too.

    Carol at May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers seem to be very happy where you've planted them. I bought coreopsis a few weeks ago and it doesn't look to good right now. I hope it makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed my visit! Thanks for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin