Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cosmos and Roses on Green Thumb Sunday

For today's Green Thumb Sunday, I'm going to focus on my two pink plants: cosmos and my rose.

After two unsuccessful attempts to grow cosmos from seeds, I finally purchased a few plants from the local garden center. I really like them. I think I might need to get some more.

My rose is also looking good, although I have no idea what it is. Can anyone help me out? I'm pretty sure it blooms throughout the summer. It has a bit of fragrance, but not a ton (although I'm so stuffed up right now it's hard for me to tell). So I'm thinking it's some kind of climber? It's one of the few things that was here when I bought the house two years ago. It seems to be doing better after the severe pruning I gave it in the spring. Now I'm wondering if it can be trained to climb so it doesn't start flopping over the edge of the raised bed and gets into the yard. Sounds like another project...



Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

5 comments:

  1. I love cosmos too and always end up buying them. I keep hoping they'll reseed but never seem to. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosmos are one of my favorites. I need to add them to my garden! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't help you out at all with names of roses, but I know they are lovely, as are the cosmos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful rose, but don't know it's name. Your cosmos is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I just love comments. Thanks for the kind words ya'll.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin