Sunday, June 17, 2007

Herbs and Flowers for Green Thumb Sunday

Here's a pic of my herb and flower pot. It's doing pretty well, especially since I wasn't finding exactly what I wanted for this pot at the garden center a few weeks ago. I've become obsessed with the idea of combining herbs and flowers after reading Herbs in Pots: Artful and Practical Herbal Containers by Rob Proctor and David Macke. This is the only gardening book I've read so far that I would actually describe as entertaining and inspiring. It really is a fun read.

My pot has lemon balm, pineapple sage, camomile, a pink daisy and a phlox hybrid (Intensia lavender glow).

Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.


  1. Rob Proctor is one of my favorite herb-related writers. His columns in the Herbal Companion would often make me laugh out loud.

  2. great containers can make any space heaven.

    mine is up

  3. What a wondeful pot of flowers! I love to look at other's pots, but I'm a miserable failure at my own...they always shrivel up and die.


Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin