Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Blooms

Here are a few of my favorite recently-blooming blooms. First, there are the lilies. These are one of the few flowers that were here when I got here. There are three of them. They're quick bloomers, I think they maybe lasted a week, but they are stunning while they last and fragrant too. Just as long as you ignore the big holes in the leaves.


Next, there are my new favorite annuals, Cosmos. I just love them. I've showed them before, but now they're more lush with more blooms. And they just keep going and going. Plus they self-seed. I am really lovin' this flower.


Last, but not least are the Bachelor's Buttons, or Cornflower. I know the photo doesn't look like much. I have NOT been able to get a good photo of them,and they're flopping horribly, but I have a soft spot for these Cornflowers that I managed to grow from seed. Thinning them might have helped, and I tried, I really tried, but I have trouble killing off a perfectly healthy looking seedling. They're still pretty anyway.




Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

4 comments:

  1. There are some flowers that I hate in pink. And there are some I love in pink. I love these pink cosmos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, I can't see any photos. I'll return and check again soon. Happy late GTS anyway!
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but there are no photos loading.
    I'm sure they are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylee - These cosmos have restored my faith in annuals. Planting something every year didn't seem worth it before.

    Hrmm... I don't know what the deal was with these pics. I checked on August 12 and they looked fine to me, but this morning they were gone. Hopefully they're back now!

    Thanks for the heads up and for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin