Week 1: I started off with a bang and:
- Dusted, vacuumed and mopped the kitchen, living room, bathroom, office and bedroom. You do not want to know how badly the kitchen floor needed to be mopped. *shudder*
- Cleaned out the fridge and rearranged the freezer
- Cleaned one kitchen cabinet, the counters and stove
- Decluttered my growing collection of mags and catalogs and even recycled two old IKEA catalogs (I don't know why I was keeping them either)
Week 2: Oi, kitchen week was a bit of a motivation killer, the idea of pulling EVERYTHING out of all the cupboards and drawers is not my idea of fun. However, I still managed to:
- Did the usual cleaning bit (dusting, vacuuming, laundry and general cleaning)
- Bought and hung curtains for the living room (yippee! Big reveal coming soon). The boy installed the curtain rods of course.
- Took everything off the open shelves in my kitchen, cleaned it and put it all back. Definitely a job I should do more often.
- Straightened a few cupboards
- Washed and rearranged the silverware and utensil drawers
- Bought some lovely orange tulips
Week 3: Landing strip week. Since my landing strip arrangement (aka place to put coats, hats, mail and other things you need when coming in or out) is in as good as shape as it's going to get, it only needed some straightening up. So in theory I have plenty of time to finish deep cleaning the kitchen. Oh boy.
- Did the usual cleaning bit (dusting, vacuuming, and general cleaning)
- Straightened up the landing strip
- Cleaned two more kitchen drawers. The others were reorganized recently and are still looking good.
- Emptied, cleaned out and reorganized three big cabinets and one little one that really needed it.
- Cleaned the "pantry"
- Finally used my outbox. It really does help to put those "I might need it someday" items in a temporary place.
- Bought two bunches of daffodils (for just $1.49 each. TJ's is now my first choice for weekly flower purchases. Which will of course all be daffodils as long as I can get them).