Sunday, June 15, 2008

Roses and Lavender

Today is a special Green Thumb Sunday and Garden Blogger Bloom Day double edition and I'm celebrating my beau-ti-ful roses. The pink rambling rose is blooming now too, isn't it pretty, especially against the lavender?

These are two lavender plants that I just planted last year. They're probably a bit squished now, but oh, they're so lovely with the roses. I can't bear to move them. Plus I have visions in my head of lavender sachets, lavender lemonade and more.

A close up of the rambler's bloom clusters.


The outback roses are winding up they're blooming session, but they're still so pretty and worth the three year wait.

Also in bloom:

  • Bellflowers
  • Catmint or Nepeta
  • Coreopsis (two varieties including Coreopsis grandiflora, sunfire tickseed)
  • Petunias
  • Rudbeckia
  • Sage
  • Scabiosa
  • Veronica Speedwell
  • Zinnia
Visit May Dreams Gardens to find out what is blooming on gardens across the globe on this Garden Blogger's Bloom Day.

Gardeners, plant and nature lovers can join Green Thumb Sunday every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

5 comments:

  1. You do have some beautiful roses. I love the pink especially. Happy GTS,
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatiful roses! Mine have yet to bloom, but Im excited just the same! Happy GTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful rose and I like the coreopsis, too.
    Thanks for joining in for bloom day!

    Carol, May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lavendar, too. Mine is n't blooming yet, but soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roses are extra nice with the lavendar. It's interesting how flowers can bring out the best in others like good friends.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin