Tuesday, June 24, 2008

First Harvest of the Season


And my first homegrown onions...EVER! There is something infinitely satisfying about being able to walk outside in your yard and harvest some food for dinner. I should remember this and plant more next year, as well as planting more greens for fall. They were de-lish too, topped with a tomato picked up at the Farmer's Market last Saturday and some hothouse cukes.

I also spotted the first two tomatoes of the season--Golden Girls. It'll still be awhile until they are ready to harvest, but oh, the anticipation is already building.

1 comment:

  1. yeah for the first harvest! I have a spindly amount of spinach, and green onions, too. the sweet corn is coming along, though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin