Thursday, May 15, 2008

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day -- May Edition

I just love, love, LOVE these tulips. They're beautiful and super long lasting. I believe these are the Triumph Tulips I bought from Meijer last fall which included 6 each of Holland Beauty, White Emperor and Don Quichotte. It's almost time to say goodbye to them for this year though.

This might kinda be cheating, as I just bought and planted these last night. But they're blooming and they're pretty. So there.

My $5 baby Miss Kim Lilac survived last summer's drought and is just about to bloom. I just had to include it as I'm sure it will be long gone by the June bloom day.

I totally stole this idea of using the chiminea as a planter from another flickr user. Might as well use it for something, I'm scared to light fires in it.

My chives and light pink tulips are still blooming too. See pics from last week's Green Thumb Sunday post.

What's blooming in your garden?

Visit May Dreams Gardens to find out what is blooming on gardens across the globe on this Garden Blogger's Bloom Day.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, you had to include the lilacs because they will be a fond memory by the time mid-June arrives. Quite a bargain for $5!

    Thanks for joining in for Bloom Day!

    Carol, May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!

    I had a small child bring me a mason jar of lilacs from his garden yesterday... they are still perfuming my house. Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tulips look great. Unfortunately they will not grow here, but there are plenty of tulips to see in GBBD posts to keep me happy ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin