After two and a half years, I'm really getting the itch to banish the blinds in my living room and get real window treatments. This is proving difficult for several reasons:
- I can't find many finished curtain options that will look good in the room
- I can't sew, so buying fabric is out.
- I like the wall color and don't want to change it.
- I'm cheap (and need six panels and hardware for three windows) and I just can't see dropping a lot of cashola on window treatments.
- I am decision-making challenged (ex: the great sofa dilemma). Is there a pill for that?
Target has been the front runner in my curtain search, but part of me wants something more exciting. The boy like the blue, but I'm leaning toward the green, because I already have some pops of spring green in the room and I really like it.
I've become smitten with these curtains from Urban Outfitters. The boy says they're tacky, but I think they'd add that bit o' funkiness that this room so desperately needs. I don't love the birds that are hidden in the pattern though and am concerned they may overpower any art and accessories I eventually add to the room (you know, in 2010).
Just found these this morning while surfing every freaking site I could possibly think of that sells curtains. I think these are a no go, but I did consider them for a moment.
If only this CB2 pillow came in curtain form.
Ok, Internet, this is where you come in. What do ya think? Other suggestions or places I should check besides Target, Urban Outfitters, Linens and Things, Overstock, Bed, Bath & Beyond; and JC Penney?