Saturday, May 23, 2009

Banishing the Black and White

I've never loved the white house and black shutter color scheme of my house, especially since three of my neighbors have the exact same color scheme going on. I'd also like to make the house look more cottage-y and cute. It's definitely lacking in the cuteness factor right now. Last fall I bought some light blue spray paint for the shutters, but I haven't gotten around to doing any painting yet. Which might be a good thing.

When looking through the June 2009 issue of Better Homes and Gardens for the third time I spotted this picture (sorry for the horrible picture of a picture, I couldn't find the image online) and the gears in my head started turning. I never would have thought of lime green, but doesn't it look great? I can also see the lime green door with grey shutters. Hmmmm....

There's also my favorite house in the neighborhood which is an adorable little cottage with grey shutters and accents and a lavender door.

But then again I have the blue paint ready to go. This is exactly why it takes me forever to make decisions, I keep second-guessing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin