Saturday, September 11, 2010

Odds and Ends

I'll have a real update soon with pics from our lovely vacation at the beach, but until then here are some odds and ends I've found online recently and felt like sharing, or bitching about.
  1. IKEA: Herding Cats Experiment
    Just saw this on Apartment Therapy and love, love, love it. This only makes my IKEA obsession that much stronger. If you like cats at all, it's worth viewing both videos.

  2. New blog obsession: Going Slowly
    I found new-to-me blog Going Slowly this week (sadly I can't find who originally linked to it at this point) and have been hooked ever since. If you have or have ever had the travel bug, then this blog is a must read. Tara and Tyler have a definite talent for writing and photography, and their journal makes me almost feel like I'm there crossing Siberia with them.

  3. Bloglines shutting down October 1
    Total suckage. I already exported my feeds to Google Reader, but so far I don't like it anywhere near as much as Bloglines. I mean sure this is a good excuse to clean house feed-wise even more than I have been, but to me, Bloglines was much more user friendly. Using an RSS reader is what makes it possible for me to check on so many of my favorite blogs quickly. Recently I got rid of some old feeds and went from over 150 subscriptions to 123, although I doubt I'll be able to go much lower than that. I needs all my feeds, needs them I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin