Saturday, May 8, 2010

Living Room Redo

Yesterday the boyfriend completed a mini-makeover in the living room so we could move the new TV in. This spot used to be the weak point of the living room, but now it makes me happy.

It's fun to look back and see how the house has evolved over the five years I've lived here (five years, wow!). But don't just take my word for it. See how this same spot looked two years ago.

This was before the fireplace makeover. And would you believe that that's the same entertainment center in this pic as the ones above?

Yep, it is. I couldn't find a new TV stand I liked, so the boyfriend cut off the top, spray-painted it white and attached new knobs. It looks so much better it's hard to even tell that it's the same piece. Plus,it saves it from going to the landfill. It's a win-win.

4 comments:

  1. My current fireplace is similar to your before picture. Want to do something with it -- just a bit nervous about committing to a new colour. Not sure what colour to go for either -- I have a deep burgundy colour (on the reddish side) on the wall behind it and a sand colour on the other walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psychgrad - Once you make the decision to paint brick, the color decision is easy. If you don't like the first choice, just try another.:)

    If you want to send in a pic it would be fun to give advice and have other reader's weight in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a huge lady DIYer (no Boy),I am loving this blog. Love the TV stand adaptation, but would change the little wooden nobs to something matching the hinges - that would make that table pop!
    Ques: is that cat real as is always posed somewhere in your pictures?:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon,

    I agree, black knobs would be better but I haven't seen any I like at a price I'm willing to pay. I haven't looked very hard either tho. :)

    You can't move around here without stepping on a cat. :) Alex is very real, I assure you (he's especially real when he's hungry at 3 AM). He is a looker, and he knows it, and has appointed himself resident model cat.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin