Sunday, April 23, 2017

Spring flings

This spring feels like a personal awakening as well as a seasonal one. After years of not feeling quite myself due to this and that, I feel like my petals are slowly unfurling along with the daffodils and tulips.

I've been enjoying more time in the garden, even the weeding.

I planted more spring bulbs for the first time in years and they've added a lovely bit of early color. 



The apple tree didn't bloom last spring, but t put on quite the show this year.

We've also been getting out an about. This weekend we saw Kedi, a lovely, touching documentary film about the street cats in Istanbul. It was better than expected and I had high hopes to begin with.



Then today, on national picnic day, we had a picnic in Inniswoods Metro Gardens and admired their spring blooms.






Entrance to the Secret Garden

Inside the Secret Garden

Earlier this spring there were more cat capers with a visit to Eat, Purr, Love, the first cat cafe in Ohio which opened right in our neighborhood. A very zen place for cat lovers.


All the cats a up for adoption and 120+ have been adopted since it opened last August.
 


How's your spring going?

2 comments:

  1. My spring is going great. Even better after reading this lovely post. What a hopeful time of year. Glad you are feeling better. How could you not with so many beautiful flowers and cats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post, and the events you went to, twigged something - I hate budgets, but I realise when I have one, I'm better at spending on those things I value (ie things I've budgeted for!) and events like culture/concerts are one of those things, like your movies and the cat cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin