Sunday, March 15, 2009

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - March 2009

I'm so delighted to see this little primrose bloom again. I bought it two years ago and have since almost killed it several times due to neglect. But lately I've remembered to water it more often than not and it rewarded me with two cheerful bloom just when I needed it most.


Things are starting to wake up outside in the garden too, reminding me that spring is near. The crocus buds are starting to peep out, as you can see here.

Soon we'll enter one of my absolute favorite times in the garden, when favorite flowers, like these daffodils begin blooming. I can't wait to resume my daily walks around the garden, when you never know what lovely surprises you'll find.

Want to see more blooms? Visit May Dreams Gardens every month on the 15th to see what's blooming in gardens around the world.

10 comments:

  1. Your stuff looks about like mine! But it will only take a few warm days to get those buds to open up. Spring is HERE! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink primrose is gorgeous! And I think I like Bloom Day posts best when they don't show a whole lot of flowers blooming. It's much easier this way to feel like my own little garden isn't too hopelessly overshadowed after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (bear in mind I live in a semi tropical climate when I say this:)

    DANG!

    I can't believe the strength in those little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to visit a 'new' blog, new to me that is. I like your Primrose. Spring is coming, sometimes slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kylee - You're right, those crocuses were blooming later that day!

    Helen - Aren't they though?

    queerbychoice - :) I understand, my garden is very small and still very much in the early stages, but still it makes me happy.

    Nancy & Janet - Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's about the best looking primrose I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the surprises of walking through the garden and seeing spring bulbs rise up from the dirt.
    Did you decide to try the summer blooming daffodils?
    Lovely primrose too; I grow some at the feet of my Mary statue, since plants that have the word "rose" in them can be considered Her plants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love the surprises of walking through the garden and seeing spring bulbs rise up from the dirt.
    Did you decide to try the summer blooming daffodils?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow guys, this may be a comment record for my little blog, thanks! And welcome to my house (and garden!).

    Jim - It IS pretty, but I think you're having me on with the best ever business. ;)

    Terra- Nope, I lost my lust for the summer daffs once I read they only bloom in summer the first year. My hunt for a REAL summer daff continues.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Note: Comments are moderated in order to keep this a spam/ad-free forum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin